Getting Started

The information we need to get started on your Qualified Domestic Relations Order (or other order to divide a retirement plan) is:

  • Both of your names, addresses, email addresses, Social Security Numbers and Dates of Birth.
  • Your attorney contact information.
  • The Name of the Court where your petition is filed, and your case number.
  • Your date of marriage and date of divorce (or expected date of divorce).
  • A copy of an account statement of the retirement plan, so that we can see the exact name of the plan and the account number.
  • A copy of your separation agreement or court order specifying how the retirement plan will be divided.
  • For pension plans, we will also need when you started contributing to the pension (usually the date when you started working with the employer) and the date you left employment there.

We have a form on our sister site you may complete to provide the information we need.  Click here to be transferred to the form.

We will also need you to sign our fee agreement, and pay your fee.

Email or phone us for more information.

Also see “What is the QDRO Process

Comments are closed.